Spectrum of Diagnostic and Therapeutic Procedures
The Dr. Hilton & Partner private practice is the largest practice for skin diseases and allergies in North Rhine-Westphalia. Our team of experienced and highly qualified specialist doctors demonstrate a broad spectrum of diagnostic and therapeutic methods of treatment.
In addition to Dermatology and Allergology, the field of Aesthetic Medicine is also a major part of our daily work. As recognized specialists in the field of wrinkle treatments, the Dr. Hilton & Partner private practice team are able to offer a wealth of experience and comprehensive know-how.
In order to achieve the desired results for patients, it is often necessary to implement a combination of several methods. For this reason, specialist doctors and cosmeticians work closely together.
The personal and individual care of patients is of the highest priority, whether it is a short procedure or a long term treatment concept.
The most important step in the assessment of skin alterations is a physical examination by a Dermatologist. The Dr. Hilton & Partner private practice provide their Dermatologists with a number of the most modern technological tools and their own Pathological Institute to confirm tentative diagnoses or to make one.
Reflected Light Microscopy (Dermatoscopy)
More information on reflected light microscopy can be found on our Skin Cancer Prevention information page.
Computer Supported Reflected Light Microscopy
More information on computer supported reflected light microscopy can be found on our Skin Cancer Prevention information page.
Pathology + Dermatohistology
- Histological Staining + Procedures
- Rapid Incision Examination
More information on this can be found on our Pathology information page
Sonography (ultrasound) is a diagnostic imaging procedure that produces images of the skin, subcutaneous fat, vessels and many other organs.
In dermatology, ultrasound is used on the skin along with the imaging of vessels and alterations to lymph nodes as part of tumor follow-up care.
Skin Sonography (Ultrasound of the Skin)
High frequency sonography can be used in examinations of skin tumors, to provide information, before an operation or laser treatment, of the depth of a tumor in order to better plan for the operation. Skin sonography can also be used to evaluate the progress of port-wine stains, cysts and collagen disorders.
Blood tests, the microbiological diagnosis of bacteria and fungi, virus diagnostics in the blood or smear tests, along with urine and stool diagnostics are important diagnostic methods used in dermatology to detect diseases and monitor therapeutic success.
- Skin allergy test (skin prick test)
- Epicutaneous test (patch test)
- Blood analysis IgE (RAST)
More information on allergy diagnostics can be found on our Allergology information page.
Fungal diagnostics are carried out to ensure a correct diagnosis and to determine causes. Fluorescence tests (Wood lamp skin examination), microscopic native preparations and fungal cultures are available for this purpose.
Skin Analysis + Skin Care Consultations
More information on skin care and analysis at the Dr. Hilton and Partners private practice can be found on the Cosmetics information page.
The entire team at the Dr. Hilton & Partner private practice is made up of highly qualified specialists with many therapeutic measures available for the treatment of skin and vessel alterations. Before therapy commences, a detailed diagnosis is carried out. Depending on the results, the appropriate method of treatment is selected in consultation with the patient.
The spectrum of treatments is very broad and includes:
- Skin Diseases (e.g. Skin Cancer, Eczema, Neurodermatitis, Acne, Rosacea)
- Allergies (Hay Fever, House Dust Allergy, Asthma, Hives)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (Genital Warts, Penis Papilloma, Syphilis, Gonorrhea)
- Venous Diseases (Phlebology) e.g. Spider Veins, Varicose Veins
- Rectal Diseases (Proctology: Anal Eczema, Hemorrhoids)
- Excessive Sweating (Hyperhidrosis)
- Nail Fungus
- Photodynamic Therapy (PDT)
- Cryotherapy (Icing)
Outpatient Operations (Under Local Anesthetic)
- Surgical Removal of Skin Alterations (e.g. Tumors, Birthmarks, Lipomas, Cysts, Hemorrhoids, etc.)
- Operations on Finger and Toe Nails
- Biopsy (Removal of a Tissue Sample)
- Eyelid Lifts (Blepharoplasty)
- Laser Therapy
- Sclerotherapy (Obliteration)
- Curettage (Scraping)
- Proctological Operations
- Wrinkle Treatments (e.g. Forehead Wrinkles, Eye Wrinkles, Lip Wrinkles, Creases at the Corner of the Mouth, etc.)
- Adding Volume (e.g. Lips, Sunken Cheeks, Earlobes, Deep Creases, etc.)
- Face Contouring (e.g. Nose, Jawline, Cheeks)
- Removal of Disturbing Skin Alterations (e.g. Birthmarks, Enlarged Veins, Liver Spots, Tattoos, etc.)
- Scar Correction
- Eyelid Lifts (Blepharoplasty)
- Injection Lipolysis (“Non-surgical Fat Reduction“)
- Correcting Inverted Nipples
- The Treatment of Stretch Marks
- Anti-Aging Treatments
- Acne Treatments
- Hair Removal
- Peelings (e.g. Fruit Acid, Glycolic Acid, TCA, Salicylic Acid, Biomedic®)
- Nail Cosmetics (e.g. Pedicure, Manicure)
- Permanent Make-up
Specially for Children
The following areas are the mainstay of consultations for children:
- Diaper Rash
- Infantile Hemangioma
- Skin Rashes and Itching
- Hay Fever
- Sunscreen Advice